Composite wood shutters made with Extira™
The Rockbridge™ shutter collection is made entirely of Extira®. Also Larson's PlacerCraft™ wood raised panel shutters are made standard with Extira® panels.
Rockbridge exterior composite shutters are made are made with Extira® panels and are crafted with the same woodworking techniques and milled with the same machinery that our quality real wood shutters are.
Extira® is a revolutionary new-to-the-world
material that is unique:
- Extira® resists moisture, rot and termites and offers excellent performance in exterior environments.
- Extira® can be used in paint-grade EXTERIOR applications. It also works well for high moisture interior environments.
- Extira Panels: Take It Outside!
- Exterior composite shutters are moisture, rot and termite resistant
- Extira panels are treated with zinc borate
- Phenolic-bonded for exterior durability
- Essentially no formaldehyde emissions
Moisture Resistance, as measured by ASTM D1037 (water absorption and thickness swelling). Rot Resistance, as measured by AWPA E-10 (standard method of testing wood preservatives by laboratory soft-block cultures). Termite Resistance, as measured by AWPA E-7 (standard method for laboratory evaluation to determine resistance to subterranean termites).